Our press release is out today formally announcing our expanded capabilities, shortened name, and new logo. Our website is updated with a fresher look (you can use www.foresee.com or www.foreseeresults.com) that reflects our company’s deep expertise.
I got a few questions yesterday about other milestones in our history, so here’s a more expanded time line of the last ten years. Thanks again for all the emails and support!
- March 2001: Larry Freed tapped to build a new company designed to bring scientific customer satisfaction measurement to web-based marketing initiatives
- September 2001: ForeSee Results, Inc. officially incorporates after being jointly founded by CFI Group and Compuware
- September 2001: ForeSee’s first beta client launches one week after 9/11
- January 2002: ForeSee signs first paying customer
- August 2002: ForeSee moves from Compuware offices to its first location on Plymouth Rd in Ann Arbor.
- December, 2003: ForeSee surpasses 1 million completed surveys
- May 2004: First ForeSee Public Sector Summit in Washington DC
- ForeSee surpasses 100 customers
- September 2005: ForeSee moves into 10,000 square feet in Avis Farms
- August 2006: ForeSee surpasses 10 million completed surveys
- March 2007: Updata Partners and Investor Growth Capital purchased ForeSee shares from Compuware
- September 2007: First ForeSee User Summit in Ann Arbor
- September 2007: ForeSee acquires usability firm Red Spade for usability insight review offering
- January 2008: ForeSee staff exceeds 100
- July 2008: ForeSee obtains Mega Grant from MEDC Michigan and starts delivering on commitment to create 275 jobs by 2015
- June 2009: ForeSee acquires Session Replay technology from Nitobi
- March 2009: ForeSee moves into 40,000 square feet at current location on Green Rd. in Ann Arbor to accommodate continued growth.
- November 2009: ForeSee expands offerings to apply technology to measure satisfaction of call centers and store locations
- ForeSee announces 9th consecutive year of revenue growth of 25% or higher and 36th consecutive quarter of revenue growth
- ForeSee expands offerings to apply technology to measure mobile optimized websites, mobile apps, social media sites, and social media experiences
- July 2010: ForeSee surpasses 50 million collected surveys
- September 2010: ForeSee hires country manager in UK to support international growth
- ForeSee surpasses 500 customers
- January 2011: ForeSee staff exceeds 200
- August 2011: ForeSee celebrates 10th anniversary in University of Michigan football stadium (aka The Big House)
- August 2011: ForeSee updates logo and shortens name from ForeSee Results to ForeSee